• CC img
  • CC img
  • CC img
  • CC img
  • CC img
  • CC img
  • CC img
  • CC img
  • CC img
  • CC img
  • CC img
  • CC img
  • CC img


Return to camp through CCUSA - we don't mind what company you have used in the past!

Welcome back to CCUSA or if this is your first time using CCUSA to return to your camp- Welcome! 

A Returnee is someone who has participated on a J-1 Camp Counselor visa before and is returning to the same camp. 

Why use CCUSA for your return to camp process? 

  • Simple & easy to complete application (if you have used CCUSA before click Pre-fill your application to make it even faster to apply)
  • No interview with CCUSA.
  • As a Returnee you can expect the lowest program fees in the industry, from an approved J-1 Visa Sponsor.
  • You earn more at camp! 
  • There is NO FEE to your camp. So you will be taking home 100% of the salary you negotiate with your camp.


Returnee Program Fees
You Pay to CCUSA AU$469
You Pay to CCUSA (After March 15th, 2019) AU$544
Camp Pays $0
You Earn *Negotiate your salary directly with your Camp Director

If this will be your 3rd year or more and your most recent Camp Counselors J-1 visa was NOT sponsored by CCUSA your fees will AU$669 before March 15th 2019 and AU$774 after March 15th 2019.


  • For additional information (terms, conditions, pricing), please download and review the Program Agreement (PDF).
  • Applications for this category are taken on a first come, first serve basis. 
  • Applications might be closed earlier than other application deadlines, due to the US Consulate restricting Visa appointments or the US Department of State limiting the number of visa's available for those returning to camp.

Supplemental Costs

These are related to the program but not paid to CCUSA

  • The fee to apply for the J-1 Camp Counselor Visa
  • International & US Domestic Flight to camp and back (or onto another country after camp and your 30 day grace period has finished).
  • Federal Police Check (Code 28) AU$42

PLUS you get:

  • Up to 4 months Australian & US approved global work and travel insurance - you receive insurance to cover the duration of your work visa/camp placement. Your policy can also be extended and/or upgraded for further global travel.
  • 24 hour emergency assistance in the USA.
  • Visa sponsorship, a DS2019 form necessary to obtain your J-1 Camp Counselor visa and assistance in obtaining your visa.
  • SEVIS fee paid - the tracking fee imposed by the US Government is included with the program and not charged to you.
  • As CCUSA is your J1 visa sponsor we can actually arrange for your DS2019 form to arrive as soon as your camp confirms your position for the summer, so you can start the visa process as soon as your placement is confirmed!
  • Free travel to camp from your camp's designated USA arrival port.
  • Orientation - the option to attend CCUSA's Pre Departure Meetings to refresh yourself on all things camp and meet others going to your camp.
  • CCUSA’s expert guidance and support at home and abroad!

The CCUSA returnee process has never been simpler!

  1. Contact your camp and let them know that you would like to return to camp in 2019.
  2. Send CCUSA Australia the email or letter of invitation /contract (or ask camp to complete the Returnee Invitation.)
  3. Complete the simple CCUSA online returnee application. If you used CCUSA in the past, login to your Footprints account. Then click APPLY NOW, choose Camp Counselors USA 2019 and click the button "Pre-Fill My Application" then update your address and previous J-1 Camp Counselor visa
  4. Sign the CCUSA 2019 Electronic Program Agreement.
  5. Pay your Returnee fee to CCUSA.
  6. Apply for a new Australian Federal Police Background check (Code 28). 

From here, CCUSA will confirm your camp placement with your camp and then organise your DS2019 form so you can apply for the J-1 Camp Counselor Visa.

Returning on the program but you want to attend a different camp?

You will need to apply as a first time applicant and complete a full application form, references, attend a personal interview as well as supply a completed "Returning to a New Camp Addendum" with a great letter of recommendation from your previous camp director. Please contact your local CCUSA office for details and instructions on how to apply.