The Camp Counselors USA Program
The Best Summer of Your Life
For over 26 years, CCUSA has been placing role models at the finest summer camps in the USA. During this time, CCUSA has been responsible for assisting over 29,000 Aussie to participate on Camp, Work and Volunteer adventure programs.
Known as the “Summer Camp Specialists,” we take great care in placing every participant at the right camp. Summer camp work is demanding, but the rewards are endless.
So if you love what you do and want to share it, if you are looking for the adventure of a lifetime, then keep reading!
The American Summer Camp Tradition
- America’s camping tradition began in 1861 and currently boasts over 12,000 summer camps, catering to 10 million children annually.
- Camps are set amidst the country’s most beautiful and remote landscapes.
- Camps offer campers from all backgrounds the opportunity to learn valuable life skills in a nurturing environment.
- Properties often include lakes, pools, sports fields, cabins, creative/performing arts facilities, ropes courses, horse corrals, camp fires, and a whole lot more.
Your Role at Camp
- As a camp counselor you will be an ambassador for your country and a role model, guide, cheerleader and hero to your campers and peers.
- You are outgoing and eager to share your knowledge and responsible for your campers 24 hours a day.
- You need to be patient, have a good sense of humor, adaptable, flexible, able to teach or lead campers in a variety of activities and have prior experience working or caring for children.
- Supervision, safety and well being of your campers along with commitment and lots of positive energy will make you a successful candidate.
How to apply?
The process is very easy - click on the apply button at the top of this page (or click here). Create an account, choose Camp Counselors USA and then start your application. Make sure you check out the FAQ section on this website for hints on "How to make your application stand out", and once you start your application CCUSA will be in touch to talk to you about your application and suggestions as well.
Free Information Meetings
The surest way to learn what it is like to travel, live, and work overseas is to attend one of our exciting information meetings in your area.
Who is CCUSA?
CCUSA has been designated by the US Department of State as an official J-1 Visa Sponsor. We have been helping young people from all over the world since 1986 to have the experience of a lifetime as they work and travel in the USA!
The CCUSA Reputation
CCUSA is known for working with the best camps and the best staff. Our focus is securing the ideal camp to match your personality and skills. More than 220,000 participants from around the world have participated in our camp, work/ travel and volunteer programs. Let us help you “Be More Than Just a Tourist” and get the most from your camp experience!
|Top 10 Reasons Why You Should Go with CCUSA
#1 CCUSA has proven that we are able to place everyone at Summer Camps in the USA!
2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2007, 2006, 2005, 2004, 2003, 2002, 2001, 2000, throughout the 90’s and 80’s (when CCUSA was founded) we have placed everyone at Summer Camps. CCUSA never calls participants in April/May to cancel them (like other companies).
So if you want to work at a summer camp in the USA, then trust CCUSA. Otherwise you will just find yourself staying at home instead!
#2 Camp Counselors Job Fairs!
CCUSA brings American Summer Camp Directors to Australia for you to interview and secure a job on the spot.
CCUSA also does regular placements through our professional placement team in the USA giving you twice as many options.
#3 Quality service, personal attention, commitment to placing you at the right camp.
All CCUSA staff have worked at Summer Camps. We know what camp is like, so you will get an honest and upfront explanation of camp and what to expect from your amazing camp experience!
#4 Earn/ Save / Receive over $5,000 for your Summer Camp Experience
- Earn up to US$2,045
- Save over $2,700 for 9 weeks with free meals and accommodation while at camp.
- Receive three months work & travel insurance at no cost (saving you $495)
- Receive one-way domestic travel to camp from camp's requested arrival airport.
#5 CCUSA (Camp Counselors USA) is authorised as an Official US State Department J1 visa sponsor!
With frequent changes to US Visa Regulations, CCUSA recommends you use an official J-1 visa sponsor. CCUSA is an official J-1 visa sponsor, designated by the US Department of State. You will work with CCUSA in Australia and be placed by CCUSA in America, who will also issue you your Visa paperwork and support you while in the USA.
Be wary of non-visa sponsors in Australia who are working as 3rd Parties. Visit the US Department of State J-1 visa website for a list of designated visa sponsors.
#6 Thirty days to travel after camp.
- Travel with your new friends from camp.
- Use your CCUSA 10% discount on all Intrepid Travel tours.
- See all the great sites of America (New York, LA, Miami, Chicago, Los Vegas, San Fran, Boston, Miami)
- Go visit your new American Friends at their Colleges/Universities
#7 Over 26 years working with the finest camps in the country
CCUSA works with over 1000 summer camps throughout the USA. This is why CCUSA is able to place everyone on our program at camp.
#8 Safe, affordable program to immerse yourself in American Culture.
The perfect and affordable way to really experience the USA as more than just a tourist!
#9 Excellent experience for your resume
A great talking point at your job interview. Working at camp will show an employer you are a mature, responsible hard worker!
Also working at a Summer Camp can count towards a SEDA Cert 2 in Outdoor Recreation, ACNT Cert 3 or 4 in Fitness or ACNT Diploma in Sports Development
#10 International friendships to last a lifetime
Just talk to anyone who has worked at a Summer Camp and they will tell you about their new friends from around the globe.
To read more about these and other great reasons to use CCUSA, check out the What You Get